World premiere of Sean O’Boyle’s An Australian in New York
Enjoy the ambience of this popular free event as the Queensland Symphony Orchestra (QSO) performs well-known classical pieces and the world premiere of a newly commissioned work An Australian in New York from celebrated Australian composer, Sean O’Boyle.
Bring your picnic basket along and listen as the QSO interprets O'Boyle’s New York reverence through frenetic melodies and jazz-infused rhythms.
Duration: 2 hours (includes interval)
- This is a family-friendly event.
- Bring your own blanket and picnic basket; please avoid bringing large eskys.
- This is a BYO event, no alcohol will be available at the venue.
- No glass permitted, except wine bottles; please use plastic glasses.
- All other beverages must be in cans or plastic bottles.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Excessive alcohol per person will be confiscated.
- Bags will be checked as patrons enter the venue; prohibited items will be confiscated and then returned after the show.
- In the event that venue capacity is reached, additional patrons will be turned away for public safety.